Current Vacancies (updated 13/07/2015)
Christchurch Team Leader – Horticulture
In this role the successful applicant will work closely with employees, driving the day to day activities, helping to build a team who are focused and driven to achieve excellence and pride in what they do. They will maintain a hands-on approach, taking ownership of all areas within their responsibility, supporting the Senior Operations Manager in terms of people and performance management, quality control and auditing, budgetary reviews, and plant maintenance, in order to meet divisional priorities. They will manage their own workload, be extremely self-driven, and have the means to work flexible hours.
The successful applicant will have:
- A relevant horticultural qualification is preferred OR a wide range of horticultural skills and experience
- Strong organisational and planning skills to coordinate and manage workloads
- Proven experience overseeing projects and managing work schedules
- Leadership skills with an enthusiasm to motivate a team
Experience in effective communication between key stakeholders, clients, interest groups and employees
If this role sounds like you and you are looking for that next challenge then please email your expression of interest to Emily Blackwood email@example.com or contact 027 782 407.
Christchurch - Rubbish Operators
Do you love the outdoors, working in a team and have a passion to keep your city clean?
We’re seeking applicants who can commit to working variable roster which will include, weekends and public holidays. The duties are varied and will include the daily rubbish collection and disposal. There will be some water blasting as well as other job related duties.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- A committed and reliable work ethic.
- A meticulous and organised, approach to work.
- A strong desire to get the job done to the highest standard.
- Hold a current full driver’s licence.
If you have questions pertaining to this role you can contact Emily on 021 782 407 or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on
Christchurch Mower Operator
We currently have great opportunities for a Mower Operators who will thrive in a positive and friendly environment and will be tasked with looking after the key functions required as part of our Christchurch contract. The mowing role involves mowing, weeedeating, rubbish maintenance and any other related duties.
Successful applicants will:
- Have the desire and enthusiasm for ensuring that every job they complete is of top quality
- Be reliable and committed to being part of a wider team with strong work ethics
- Hold a NZ full driver's licence (HT licence is preferable)
- Previous experience would be an advantage
If you share our passion and think this opportunity could be for you, then we would love to hear from you, email your CV to Emily at email@example.com or contact Emily on 021 782 407.
We are currently looking for experienced Gardener to join our Auckland North Horticulture contract, based from our North Shore depot.
You'll love hard physical work, getting stuck in and working with the elements. Using a wide range of horticultural equipment you will be tasked with general garden maintenance duties which will include plant/weed identification, plant layout, planting, pruning, spraying, weed control and rubbish collection.
To succeed in this role you will require:
- A relevant horticultural qualification or a wide range of horticultural skills, ideally with a minimum of 2 years practical experience
- Have a real passion for gardening
- Have a positive attitude, be reliable and hardworking
- Be physically fit with the strong desire to get the job done
- Hold a current full New Zealand car licence
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if this opportunity is what you are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Trainee Auckland
We are looking for a full-time, permanent applicant to fill a unique position as a Landscape trainee, working within our Auckland North Projects contract. The role will include all aspects of hard and soft landscaping for example constructing fences, installing bollards and sign posts, replacing concrete paths and planting works.
This role will suit an applicant with a keen interest to work in green space construction, who can maintain a high attention to detail, in order to meet the high standards set for the team. Experience is not essential but would be an advantage, however full training will be provided to the right applicant.
The successful applicant will:
- Show the right attitude and have the willingness to study and learn from both a practical and theory perspective
- Be a reliable and hard worker, with a strong desire to get the job done
- Hold a current full driver’s licence
In return Recreational Services will provide on the job training and assessment and an experienced mentor to work with you to achieve your goals!
If you’re excited about this opportunity, forward an expression of interest to Emily Blackwood or call 021 782 407.
Team Manager – Landscape Building – Auckland
Due to expansion we have a newly created position, working primarily with our client, Auckland Council. This position requires a highly organised and self-motivated team manager, who will deliver on landscaping construction, for a wide range of project works.
You will also take full ownership with the co-ordination of a team to ensure project completion with in specifications.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Assist with pricing/design and build of small projects
- Site supervision and construction work from plans to completion.
- Ensuring legal and company compliance with health and safety, consents and building standards.
- Managing a team to ensure contract standards and deadlines are met.
Successful applicants will have previous experience or be able to able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven work history in landscaping construction or a building background.
- Able to manage a team of landscaping and construction members.
- Able to read detailed construction plans and project manage them to completion
- Be able to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and key stakeholders.
- Desire to achieve deadlines and exceed client expectations.
- Manage sub-contractors.
Please send your CV by email to email@example.com
Mechanic – Auckland
We pride ourselves in operating a diverse, well maintained fleet of specialised machinery on-site, which includes trucks, tractors, commercial reel & rotary mowers, construction machinery and small hand operated plant.
Due to continued growth and expansion of our fleet, we are seeking a preferably trade qualified mechanic with proven experience in maintaining and servicing various types of plant and machinery which could include: agricultural equipment, tractors, truck, vehicle service specialist or a commercial mower specialist
You’ll have the ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and produce a high standard of workmanship and show attention to detail. Flexibility to work rostered hours between 7am -6.30 pm is essential and you must hold a minimum of a current NZ Class 1 full driver’s licence.
In return we offer a progressive work environment with on-going training opportunities.
If you are a person who thrives on working in a social, team based culture, enjoy the opportunity of developing your own skill base, then apply now by contacting Emily Blackwood on 021 782 407, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Passion for plants and working in the 'Garden City'?
If love hard physical work, getting stuck in and working with the elements then this is a great opportunity for you. Using a wide range of horticultural equipment you will be tasked with general garden maintenance duties which will include plant identification, plant layout, planting and pruning, gardening, spraying and weed control and other general gardening maintenance related duties.
To succeed in a horticulturist role you will..
- Have a relevant New Zealand qualification (or equivalent) in amenity horticulture (Level 4 Advanced)
- A minimum of two years previous practical experience in amenity horticulture maintenance
- Hold a minimum of a full New Zealand car licence
- Have the willingness to accept responsibility and ownership of jobs
- Be able to prioritise, and ability to work within timeframes
- Be a hard worker, physically fit and the strong desire to get the job done
This is a fantastic chance to join a dedicated and enthusiastic team, so if your experience and qualifications match, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward a CV to Emily at email@example.com or contact Emily on 021 782 407
Weed eater Christchurch
We have a weed eater role available, this role is perfect from someone looking to begin or build on their current hands on skills. The role involves working across the beautiful garden city in a Christchurch based team of 50. You will be working closely with our mowing team to complete the weed eating and edging of our parks and reserves, and other related duties
The successful applicant will:
- Previous relevant experience using a weed eater is an advantage
- Have the desire for ensuring that every job they complete is of top quality
- Be hardworking, reliable, organised with strong work ethics
- Hold a current driver's licence
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then please email your CV to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021782407 if you have any questions.